Nail it with Nail heads!
Add some pazazz to your furniture & nail the look you want. Sorry for the pun. I just couldn’t resist 😉
A technique once used out of necessity is making a huge comeback in a very sophisticated stylish way. Nail heads can really liven up a Plain Jane sofa, chair and other accessories. They date back to the period of 1560-1643 and the advent of French Country Style during the reign of Louis XIII. The Os de Mouton chair marked the introduction of nail head trim
A nail head is a decorative accent that is used to embellish upholstered furniture & even some case goods. They can accentuate the style of the piece and is usually used on arms and rails. Nail heads are most commonly used with leather-upholstered furniture, particularly leather sofas, chairs and ottomans.
Ideas for how & when to use:
- *can be used to add accents, decoration, or “jewelry” for your furniture
- *when re-upholstering your own furniture to add a finished look and to hide staples or imperfections
- *nail heads come in many designs, sizes and finishes ~ plain to ornate, polished brass or brushed nickel
- *can be found at hardware stores and home centers
- *nail heads must be hammered in one by one by using a tack hammer